Monday, March 21, 2011

Simple Everyday Makeup

Are you going to work? Going to school? Do you feel like going out loads of makeup on makes you look too dramatic? But do you feel like going out makeup-less is like a plain and boring canvas without any painting on it?

I think the best part about make up is that we can paint our own canvas and mould it into any look that we want. We can look dramatically enchanting or just bare natural effortlessly beautiful.

It is so important that even if we don't put on much make up, we can still enhance the features on our face so that we look awake, refreshed and ready for the day.

I usually start off my day with my IQQU advanced sunscreen but I like to change my style everyday so for this look, I decided to just go with a BB cream that already contains SPF25.

Skin79 Hot Pink Super Beblesh Balm Triple Function BB Cream

This is definitely one of my favourite BB creams in the market because it contains so many functions all in one: Whitening, UV protection and Wrinkle free. It provides excellent coverage especially for people with larger pores.

What I find with most BB creams is that their consistency actually feels heavier than foundations. So after applying BB creams, I like to spray on some water on my face and pat it to thin it out and also set the BB cream.

After BB cream, I would put on very little concealer to cover up some of the blemishes I have.

Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer

I love this concealer because the colour is really suitable for my pale skin. It has a light texture which may not 100% cover all the blemishes and dark circles but it does lighten up your blemishes and also make your face look natural without it being 100% flawless - cause that's what we aim for in simple makeup.

You may go ahead with applying some loose powder to set your foundation and concealer.

As for my eyes, I don't like to leave it "uncoloured" but I do not want too much colours on it. So I settled for the neural tones.

I have recently fallen in love with NYX jumbo eye pencil because they are so convenient and easy to use! The white colour can be used on the inner corners of your eyes, the bottom of your eyebrow to open up with your eyes. The brown can be used as a neural tone base colour on your eyelids and the black can be used in the outer corner of your eyelid crease to define your eyes.

They have such a wide selection of colours to choose from and they're really blendable, workable and just so versatile in many ways.

I am someone who simply cannot leave without my eyeliners.

For a simple look, I love using liquid eyeliners so I settled for Almay black liquid liner. The way you apply your eyeliner can really change the way you look. For a simple look, I like to apply it closest to the lashline. I also like to create a slight flick at the end for a more defined eye shape and to make me look more awake.

In addition, I also like to tightline my eyes with a pencil liner as it makes my lashes look fuller.

Finishing off the eye makeup with your eyelash curler and mascara.

Blush is also very important. It may look like we already have packed on so many things on our face but blush is one of the most important beauty essentials in makeup.

MAC powder blush

Rosy cheeks show that you're healthy, glowing and ready for anything. It can really make a huge difference in your makeup.


Last but not least, apply lip balm. I actually like a little tint of colour on my lips too so I settled for The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lipbalm.

And with all these, we have finished our simple makeup for the day! You're just about ready to throw on a t-shirt and shorts to go out :]

Final product:


And remember, the best accessories that goes with this simple make up is what you wear or how you do your hair, it is the confident smile on your face <3

No comments:

Post a Comment