Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

One of the reasons why I love The Body Shop is because they value the community and environment. They protect our planet and is against animal testing.

But I also love them because they make one of the best skincare range.

My favourite is their Vitamin E Moisture Cream

Size: 50mL / 1.7 oz

Price: AUD$24.95

Consistency: Light and moisturising cream

Smell: Pleasant and soothing smell

Our skin changes almost every season due to climate and humidity changes. At the beginning winter last year, I experienced really dry and flaky skin which causes breakouts and irritation. My previous moisturiser was not hydrating enough for me anymore.

I hunted around for a few weeks for various drugstore brands to try out a few moisturisers but none of which really suited my skin and moisturise it enough.

Hence, I went to The Body Shop. The friendly lady who served me asked me a few questions and introduced me to the Vitamin E Moisture Cream. I was hesitating if I should give it a try at first because of the price and quantity of the product. Also, the product isn't especially made for "dry skin" but for "all skin types". Nonetheless, for the name of beauty (and for my poor poor dry skin), I decided to give it a try.

Pros: After the first day of using it, I fell in love with the product. I loved everything about the product including its ability to instantly hydrate my skin and its smell. I have not used any other moisturiser since then. I am also currently using my 4th tube of this moisturiser.

Cons: I do feel like it is a little on the greasy side but that didn't bother me that much. However, I would spray on some water spray on my face after applying the moisturiser because I put on any makeup because the greasiness did cause my skin to feel oily after makeup.

After winter has finished, I was actually wondering if I needed to switch to a moisturiser which didn't required so much hydration. However, I decided that I will stick to the same one to see if it would still be alright to use. To my surprise, I didn't breakout during summer and my skin still stays super hydrated.

I am very satisfied with this product and I think that it is a product that is definitely worth buying. At least, I feel that it is really suitable for my age and the amount of hydration I need for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment