Friday, April 8, 2011

Makeup Removing

It's Friday today and I know that some of us girls love to head out after work for parties or just chilling out with friends. But after a long day, our makeup had stayed on our face for so long!

So what our skin deserve is to be fresh and clean. So I'm going to introduce 3 products that I use to remove my make up.

From left to right:

1. Origins Well Off Fast and Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
2. Kose Cosmeport Speedy Cleansing Oil
3. The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser

Removing makeup has become so important in my life especially when I'm obsessed with healthy skin. I love a clean and fresh face to go to bed in so my pores wouldn't get clogged up, causing breakouts.

The Origins Well Off Fast and Gentle Eye Makeup Remover was actually a gift I received from my auntie who is an Origins brand lover. I have never used Origins in my life. Since they don't sell their products here in Perth, I have never actually got the chance to try any of their products. I am so grateful that I was introduced to this makeup remover because it is seriously the best eye makeup remover I've used.

The formula is actually clear and runny just like water. Unlike some water form makeup remover in the market, it is super efficient at melting makeup. I love how the formula doesn't sting your eyes or leave your skin feeling sticky and uncomfortable. However, I find it just a little bit pricey (60RM) for a makeup remover. Though, it is 150mL for a bottle and will take a long time to finish.

I would pour a small amount of makeup remover on a cotton pad, and just gently press it against my eyelids to get all the eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara off. It work wonders!


I just love the fact that you didn't have rub and tug at your eyes just to get all of the makeup off. For the areas that are more difficult to get makeup off, I would use a cotton tip instead of the cotton pad. I would dip it into the makeup remover and just very gently swipe it along the areas like my upper/bottom waterline.

Usually by then, my eye area will just be very very clean!

Moving on the face area, I like using an oil-based makeup remover to remove makeup on my face. Kose Cosmeport Speedy Cleansing Oil is the remover I use. I love this product because it is very affordable (I bought it from sasa.com for US$13 a 230mL bottle and 170mL refill).

I would pump a small amount of the product on my palm and just rub my palms together and massage it into my face. It's a really quick and easy way to remove makeup without using a cotton pad. After a few minutes of massage, I would rinse off the makeup remover with water until it's clean. By then, my face will feel squeaky clean.

However, there are times where I feel like I needed something a little more extra especially on days where I have heavy makeup/foundation on. I would then go on to use The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser. I love using this cleanser after removing makeup because it can instantly hydrate my skin with Vitamin E and it just smell so pleasant.

It is also nice when you just got home in the middle of the day and it's not exactly time for you to do your daily skincare routine. But at the same time, you want your face to be fresh, clean and hydrated enough until the end of the day. That's the time when I would use my cream cleanser. I love the creamy consistency of this cleanser because it doesn't dry out your skin and at the same time, you don't really need moisturiser after you have used the cleanser.

So after a long day at work, and long night at partying, removing makeup for me is just so relaxing and therapeutic (okay, maybe it's just me and that's not for everyone!). With a clean and refreshed face, you can go on and take a long, warm shower, do your daily skincare routine and then hop onto your cosy bed and fall asleep.

Isn't that just so awesome?

Just remember, makeup removing is very very important. So do it right and healthy skin will definitely come your way.

Stay beautiful! :]

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work,I like your blog:)
    Would You like to follow eachother via GFC or google+ ? That way we could stay in touch :)
    Let me know on my blog so I can follow back. ;)

    http://nessielicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete